As we enjoy more time outdoors, grass stains become inevitable. When shoes bring the summertime fun into your home on carpets and area rugs, it’s important to address stains promptly and with the proper process. While a professional carpet cleaning company has specialized products to clean and remove all types of stains, there are techniques that you can try at home.
Remove Grass Stains From Carpets With These Tips
Try these DIY methods to remove grass stains from your carpets:
1. Prepare a cleaning solution of 1/4 teaspoon dish soap with 1 cup warm water.
2. Apply the cleaning solution to the affected area by putting it on a clan cloth and using the cloth to apply to the carpet. Work from the outside of the spot/stain toward the center.
3. Let the cleaning solution soak into the carpet for at least five minutes.
4. Blot the spot with a clean white cloth. Don’t rub the spot, or you might damage the carpet fibers.
5. Rinse with cold water. Be sure all cleaning solution is removed from the carpet.
Professional Carpet Cleaning
No other item in your home absorbs more dirt and debris and can affect the appearance of your home, like your carpets. Keep your carpets looking their best with professional carpet cleaning services from the experts at ServiceMaster. We use advanced cleaning products and powerful truck-mounted equipment to remove stains from carpets and area rugs and know the right product and method to use for all types of carpet concerns.