ServiceMaster By Mason provides complete tile and grout cleaning services for businesses in Southern Rhode Island and Eastern Connecticut
Ordinary Tasks. Extraordinary Service.
Tile has become a popular flooring choice for offices, lobbies, hallways, restrooms and kitchens because of its durability. Unfortunately, high traffic gradually dulls the floors, and the grout becomes dark and unattractive with deeply embedded soils and dirt. And regular mopping doesn’t seem to help. That’s because grout is porous and absorbs the dirt and debris on it. Mopping only removes surface soil and not the embedded dirt that causes the grout to be unattractive.
ServiceMaster Clean® tile and grout experts use specialized, high-powered equipment to remove and extract the dirt and soil deep within, restoring your floors appearance to like-new condition.
Beyond just improving the appearance of tile and grout, professional cleaning by ServiceMaster Clean has several benefits.
The benefits to our professional tile and grout cleaning services include:
- It can help extend the life of floors by removing debris that can weaken the tiles
- It helps you avoid the expense and business interruption of completely replacing tile floors
- We clean ceramic, porcelain, limestone and travertine tile and specialize in offices, lobbies, restrooms, kitchens, hallways and other tiled areas of a commercial property
- Our sealing product helps maintain the cleaned grout for months and allows your maintenance cleaning to be more effective
ServiceMaster Clean has been providing an unparalleled level of clean for more than 60 years. Our research and development team works to ensure that we are using state-of-the-art products and processes to restore your tile and grout. Whatever your industry–healthcare, education, government, hospitality, property management, manufacturing and more–ServiceMaster Clean can improve your business environment. We’re committed to your satisfaction. Nothing less will do.
What to expect with our service
- Step 1: A technician will conduct a preliminary inspection of your tiled areas to determine the best cleaning method and identify heavily soiled and high-traffic areas.
- Step 2: Spots and stains will be pre-sprayed using state-of-the-art cleaning products.
- Step 3: The technician uses shielded high-pressure cleaning and extraction to remove dirt and ground-in soil. This cleaning method also provides a clean-water rinse and extracts excess water.
- Step 4: Care is taken to clean near all corners and baseboards.
- Step 5: All tiled areas are thoroughly dried.
- Step 6: The technician seals all grout lines to preserve cleanliness and prevent long-term damage. (This service is optional.)
For a 300 square-foot area, cleaning generally takes 60 to 90 minutes. If you choose to have the grout sealed, we recommend waiting 24 hours after rinsing to apply sealer so the sealer will adhere properly. Grout sealing itself takes two to three hours. Time varies based on tile size, the amount of soil in the grout and room configuration.
There are several steps your company or your cleaning contractor can take to preserve the cleanliness of your tile floors, which include:
- Vacuum or sweep floors before mopping to remove as much dirt as possible, especially dirt that has settled into the grout
- Mop tile regularly with a neutral cleaner. Rinse the mop in fresh water after mopping a small section. Then, remove excess water from the floors by mopping with a dry mop
- Clean spills quickly to avoid staining floors
- Avoid scratching and scraping your floors with actions like dragging chairs or furniture. Scratches and cracks in the floor easily capture dirt
- Don’t use finish wax, ammonia-based cleaners or bleach that can damage floors
To properly maintain your tile floors, vacuum or sweep and mop them regularly, as well as spot clean when needed. To keep your floors looking their best, we recommend a professional cleaning every year, depending on the amount of traffic, soil and regular floor maintenance.
Please complete the form to the right for additional information on our tile and grout cleaning services for businesses in Southern Rhode Island and Eastern Connecticut. To schedule an appointment, call ServiceMaster By Mason at 800-934-5869. Our team will work with you to schedule a time convenient for your business.